Bee Gees Star Robin Gibb Is Back In The Hospital, Undergoes Intestinal Surgery
Three weeks ago, Robin Gibb publicly declared that he was on the road to recovery and can’t hide his gratification over being ‘in remission’ from cancer.
The Bee Gees star has had to undergo surgery again. A statement released on the singer’s behalf said, ‘On Sunday 25 March, Robin Gibb underwent further intestinal surgery.’
He has suffered repeated problems from a twisted bowel, understood to be the cause of his latest hospital spell.
At first his illness was thought to have been due to the hereditary intestinal condition which led to the death of his twin brother Maurice at the age of 52.
The chart-topping singer underwent surgery for colon cancer after months of ill health.
In February he had talked about feeling ‘fantastic’ following his treatment and said he had begun to put on weight after looking increasingly gaunt.
He was quoted telling a friend at the time, ‘I could not have done it without Dwina (his wife). She has never left my side and is a wonderful person.’
Speaking about his cancer, he said, ”The prognosis is that it’s almost gone and I feel fantastic and really from now on it’s just what they could describe as a ‘mopping-up’ operation.”
In an interview earlier this month, Gibb pondered whether his illness is ‘karma’ for the fame and fortune.he has enjoyed.
‘I sometimes wonder if all the tragedies my family has suffered, like Andy and Maurice dying so young and everything that’s happened to me recently, is a kind of karmic price we are paying for all the fame and fortune we’ve had.
Gibb has been aiming to perform at his symphonic work’s live debut on April 10. He was forced to cancel all existing commitments prior to the Titanic Requiem concert, as he recovers in hospital after his surgical operation over the weekend.
- Bee Gees Robin Gibb Is Rushed To Hospital, Diagnosed With Liver CancerRobin Gibb of the Bee Gees is rushed to hospital following an emergency call from...
- Robin Gibb Believes That He Is Paying The Price For Fame & Fortune As A Bee Gees StarBee Gees Star Robin Gibb who has been diagnosed with colon and liver cancer, said...
- Bee Gees Star’s Family Is Thankful For Public Unwavering Support After Robin Gibb Regains ConsciousnessRobin Gibb has regained consciousness after more than a week in a coma. His loved...
- Bee Gees Robin Gibb Is Seriously Ill, Doctors Fear For His SurvivalRobin Gibb was admitted to the hospital last March 25 to undergo further intestinal surgery....
- Robin Gibb Of The Bee Gees Appears Frail As He Is Back To Business After IllnessBee Gees legend Robin Gibb was only discharged from hospital a week ago after treatment...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on March 29, 2012 at 3:08 am, and is filed under Entertainment. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|