Katie Holmes Meets Her Lawyers To Gear Up Divorce Battle With Husband Tom Cruise
Katie Holmes preparing her case was seen at the New York offices with her divorce lawyers Allan Mayefsky and Michael Mosberg, as reports emerge she will ask Tom Cruise for child support at divorce hearing.
Mayefsky was one of the principle legal players in the messy divorce of model and actress Christie Brinkley and her husband Peter Cook, one of the most bitter of Hollywood break-ups.
Mayefsky is known for demanding an even split of proceeds in divorces and for winning US$ 42 million for the wife of a Wall Street financier in a landmark case in 2003.
According to Radar Online, the actress will ask Cruise for child support at their first divorce hearing in New York on July 17 which Katie is expected to appear in person when the hearing takes place.
‘Tom’s Los Angeles lawyers have officially been informed. Tom’s New York lawyer will appear and it’s not set at this time if Tom will be present in court as he is currently shooting a movie’ in Iceland.
The divorce case is getting nasty as it heats up when Tom refutes Katie’s claim that Scientology was behind in her decision to file the case. She wanted to insulate their daughter Suri from any influence of the religion.
Katie’s lawyers want to establish Tom’s exact wealth, which suggests 33-year-old Holmes is not prepared to walk away with the relatively modest settlement of US$15 million that has been widely quoted, US$ 3 million for every year of their five-year marriage as stipulated in the couple’s 100-page pre-nuptial agreement.
One of the legal firm’s forensic accountant are now busy untangling the complex web of businesses and trusts that manage Tom Cruise’s estimated US$ 270 million fortune.
- Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise Reach An Out Of Court Divorce Settlement AgreementKatie Holmes released a joint statement with estranged husband Tom Cruise regarding the dissolution of...
- Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Splitting After Five Years Of MarriageIn a surprise move, Katie Holmes filed for a separation from Tom Cruise in New...
- Cruise’s Lawyer To Hold American Media Liable Over A Lurid & Disgraceful Story Of The ActorTom Cruise’s lawyer has threatened to charge American Media Inc., the mother company of the...
- Is Maria Shriver Reconsidering Her Divorce From Husband Arnold Schwarzenegger?Is Maria Shriver try to give Arnold Schwarzenegger a second chance to make their marriage...
- Tom Cruise To Do A Revival Version Of The Movie ‘The Magnificent Seven’Tom Cruise is going to do a revival movie version of ‘The Magnificent Seven’. The...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on July 7, 2012 at 10:37 am, and is filed under Entertainment. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|