Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries Wedding A Hoax After The Divorce Announcement
The marital union of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries lasted only for 72 days and their divorce date coincides exactly a year when the pair first met on October 31, 2010, at a New Jersey Nets game.
Sources close to Kim and Kris said their relationship was ‘pretty much an arranged marriage right from the start’ and Kim was ‘never really into’ her husband, but went along with the wedding as a ‘publicity stunt’.
As Kim announced the divorce, the inevitable questions began to pop up of how much money the pair made from their union.
Whatever the truth, there is no doubt that Kim’s marriage has been lucrative happenings for the Kardashian family.
The wedding, which would’ve cost the couple US$ 10 million, less expenses, they netted a whopping US$ 18 million.
A huge chunk of around US$ 15 million is thought to come from TV rights which formed part of the family’s exclusive deal with E!
The happy couple also bagged US$ 1 million from People magazine for exclusive shots of the apparently joyous occasion.
Even before the big day, Kim was paid US$ 500,000 to host her bachelorette party at Tao in Las Vegas.
Even how heartbroken he is, Kris has benefited hugely from the split.
He was earning around US$ 40,000 per game but since marrying Kim, has been hitting the quarter of a million mark each day.
E! report that alongside the prenuptial agreement she put in place, the brunette wants property separated immediately, and for each party to pay their own legal fees.
One fan who tweets as Bookgirl96 summed up the prevailing mood when she wrote: ‘The Kim Kardashian definition of ‘forever’ is ‘when the check is cashed.’
It was referring to the tellingly passionless statement that Kim eventually released: ‘I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision. I had hoped this marriage was forever but sometimes things don’t work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best.’
Four million viewers watched the original wedding special, and 900,000 are estimated to have tuned into each repeat.
But the Kardashians appeal rests upon their viewers feeling that they are allowed an honest, almost voyeuristic, glimpse into this gilded world.
If fans believe their emotional connection is being exploited, it’s likely they’ll turn off in their droves.
- Kris Humphries Through The Court Is Asking Kim Kardashian Full Accounting Of Assets & Liabilities During Their Short-lived MarriageIn the ongoing divorce battle between Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries, TMZ reports that ‘Kris...
- Schwarzenegger Is Willing To Give Shriver A Generous Divorce SettlementMaria Shriver who filed divorce proceedings in court on July 1 against her husband, Arnold...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Could Be Facing A Multi Million Dollar Divorce ClaimThe Arnold Schwarzenegger – Maria Shriver split would be the most expensive celebrity breakups if...
- Many French Prefer Civil Marriage Than Traditional Religious WeddingIn 2000, more than 75 percent of civil marriages were signed by heterosexual couples, but...
- Many People Are Not Of The Marrying Type For Fear Of Divorce FalloutMany people shunned marital bond for fear of divorce fallout. Their fears of emotional, financial,...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on November 1, 2011 at 3:52 pm, and is filed under Entertainment. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|