Miami Heat Hopes To Equalize Dallas Mavericks 3-2 Lead To 3-3
Despite the dismal performance of their top gun LeBron James, Miami Heat vows that they will come back in game 6 to make a turn around and equalize Mavericks lead 3-2 to 3-3 in their NBA finals.
The Mavericks can win their first championship on Sunday, if the Heat will not capitalize the opportunity where they have failed in their last two games (4 & 5).
This could be indeed a ‘now or never’ for James and a ‘do or die of the Heat team. The Heat these past days were under scrutiny by basketball enthusiasts and have been vocal about their execution on the hard court as well as James’ ability to recover while the fans couldn’t help thinking that he is not giving his all in the game.
“We’ve just got to push through it. At this point we have no choice, honestly,” James said. “We’ve got two games left, and we worked hard all year to get home-court advantage. So we have to take advantage of it.”
A Heat victory on Sunday would set up a Game 7 on Tuesday night. Miami hasn’t lost three consecutive games since a five-game skid in late February and early March.
The Heat will try to become the second consecutive team to overcome those odds. The Los Angeles Lakers returned to Los Angeles down 3-2 last year and took the last two from the Boston Celtics.
On the other hand for the Mavericks, “Game 6 is Game 7 for us,” guard Jason Terry said. “We want to play like there’s no tomorrow. If we do that, I have no doubt in my mind we can be successful. We must come out aggressively.”
Shall the Mavericks win in game 6 on Sunday, the real party will belong to Dirk Nowitzki.
- Dallas Mavericks Trounces Miami Heat 105-95 To Win The 2011 NBA ChampionshipThe Miami Heat were not able to recover from their games 4 & 5 consecutive...
- Dallas Mavericks Takes Game 5, Routed Miami Heat 112-103LeBron James, who consider game 5 a ‘now or never,’ vowed to do better this...
- Dallas Mavericks Takes Game 4 Against Miami Heat In 2011 NBA FinalsThe Mavericks defeated the Miami Heat for an 86-83 victory in Game 4 Tuesday night....
- Heat Wins Against Mavericks 88-86 In Game 3, Leads 2-1 In NBA FinalDwyane Wade kept soaring and scoring, doing everything he could to get the Miami Heat...
- Miami Heat Win NBA Title After Completing 4-1 Series Over Oklahoma City ThunderThe Miami Heat took the NBA championship after defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on June 11, 2011 at 5:59 am, and is filed under Sports Basketball. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|