Ozzy Osbourne Of Black Sabbath Announces Their Reunion Tour & New Album
Ozzy Osbourne, the frontman of the heavy metal group Black Sabbath, has announced that they are reuniting for a new album and will be doing a reunion tour next year.
The original members consisting of 62-year-old singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi, 63, bassist Geezer Butler, 62, and drummer Bill Ward, 63, made the announcement at legendary rock venue Whiskey A Go Go in Los Angeles today.
The incarnation of the band, fronted by Ozzy Osbourne, will record new material with legendary producer Rick Rubin and play the 10th Download festival next summer.
Rubin, whose previous production credits include hip-hop luminaries Jay-Z and Public Enemy as well as rock bands such as the Red Hot Chili Peppers, said: “When I’ve sat with them and they’ve played it sounds remarkably like Black Sabbath.”
The quartet, who first got together under the Black Sabbath name in 1969, all wore their familiar black outfits as they made the announcement.
The band have sold in excess of 70 million records worldwide and are responsible for pioneering the heavy metal genre with hits such as ‘Paranoid’, ‘War Pigs’ and ‘Iron Man’.
Heavy metal pioneers Black Sabbath are to record their first new album with the original line-up for 33 years and they added that they were working on new material for an album with a release date slated for next autumn.
The band revealed they have written seven or eight new songs for the new record. The quartet released ‘Never Say Die,’ their last studio album of all original material in 1978.
The original foursome reunited for the 1998 release Reunion and played again together sporadically for shows in the early 2000s.
Black Sabbath was inducted to the U.S. Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2006.
- The Beach Boys Reunites After 50 Years Eying New Album & Tour In 2012The American band rose to fame in the 1960′s due to the popularity of their...
- Guns N’ Roses Original Members Will Be Together For Induction To Rock & Roll Hall Of FameGuns N’ Roses have been through multiple line-up changes in the last few years. But...
- U2 Dethrones Rolling Stones As The Highest Grossing Concert Tour Of All TimeThe Irish super-band U2, headed by Bono has now beaten the Rolling Stones as the...
- Madonna’s New Album Receives Majority Approval Among Music British CriticsBrtish music critics and bloggers were invited to London’s Abbey Road studios to hear the...
- ‘American Idol’ Lauren Alaina Is Recording Her First AlbumAmerican Idol Season 10 runner-up Lauren Alaina is pleased that her single, “Like My Mother...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on November 12, 2011 at 2:04 pm, and is filed under Entertainment. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|