Prince William & Duchess Catherine Makes Kensington Palace Their London Residence
Prince William and his wife Catherine are to make Kensington Palace, famously associated with the late princess Diana, their London residence, royal officials said.
They are to move into the west London palace in mid- to late-2013, their St James’s Palace office said.
The couple move into Apartment 1A, the former home of the late princess Margaret, Queen Elizabeth II’s sister. They will not be able to make the move for two years due to structural repairs needed.
The move represents a return for William, 29, to his childhood home, the palace was the main residence of the second in line to the throne and his brother Prince Harry, 27, until 1998.
William and Catherine, also 29, are mainly based on the island of Anglesey in northwest Wales, where the prince is a Royal Air Force search and rescue helicopter pilot.
When in London, they already live within the Kensington Palace complex, at the small Nottingham Cottage. Harry will take over the cottage when the royal couple move into the palace proper.
The trio’s offices will also move with them from their current location at St James’s Palace. The queen and William’s father Prince Charles have approved the moves.
William and Catherine will have plenty of royal company nearby, as three of the queen’s cousins, all grandsons of King George V, live at the palace.
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Choose To Delay Their HoneymoonAfter the royal couple’s wedding, they opt to postpone momentarily their honeymoon and spend instead...
- Prince William & Kate Move To Former Princess Diana’s HomePrince William and Kate Middleton are to make Kensington Palace, the former home of Diana,...
- Prince William & Duchess Kate Are Married At LastPrince William and Kate Middleton, now the Duchess of Cambridge, have been married at Westminster...
- Prince William & Duchess Kate To Mark Their First Anniversary As A CouplePrince William and Kate Middleton will be celebrating their first wedding anniversary next week. It...
- Prince William & Catherine To Sue French Magazine Over Intrusion Of Their PrivacyPrince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge took the unprecedented step of...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on November 6, 2011 at 2:45 pm, and is filed under Royal. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|