Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray & David Ferrer Advance Into The Fourth Round At French Open
World no. 2 Rafael Nadal is gunning his 7th French Open title at Roland Garros and making it alive by defeating Argentina’s Eduardo Schwank 6-1, 6-3, 6-4.
Second seed Nadal, who celebrates his 26th birthday on Sunday, cruised into the fourth round of the French Open.
The defending champion has yet to be seriously tested, as he dropped just five games in the first round and four in the second before Saturday’s methodical triumph.
Nadal was rarely in trouble as he recorded a 48th career victory at Roland Garros, a venue where he has only ever suffered one defeat.
His forehand was far too good for Schwank, particularly in the first set, but the Argentine did make a contest of it in the second and third.
The Spaniard will face a sterner test in the fourth round against Argentine in Juan Monaco, who came through in five sets against Canadian Milos Raonic, 6-7(5-7), 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 6-3, 6-4.
World no. 4 Andy Murray cruised to a 6-3, 6-4, 6-4 win over Colombia’s Santiago Giraldo.
Murray, who has continued to win despite a bad back, will next face a tough test in Frenchman Richard Gasquet.
Sixth seed David Ferrer is also through after beating Russian Mikhail Youzhny 6-0 6-2 6-2.
Ferrer’s victory sets up his meeting with fellow Spaniard Marcel Granollers, who outlasted Frenchman Paul-Henri Mathieu, 6-4, 6-4, 1-6, 4-6, 6-1.
- Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer & Andy Murray Advance Into The Third Round At French OpenWorld no. 2 Rafael Nadal, a six-time winner at Roland Garros, clinched a 6-2, 6-2,...
- Rafael Nadal Beats Simone Bolelli To Advance In The Second Round At The French OpenWorld number two Rafael Nadal defeated the 111th rank in the world, Italian Simone Bolelli...
- Andy Murray Trounces Rafael Nadal In Japan OpenAndy Murray of Britain defeated Rafael Nadal of Spain, 3-6 6-2 6-0 to win the...
- Rafael Nadal Against David Ferrer In Monte Carlo Final After Beating MurrayWorld number one Rafael Nadal won 6-4 2-6 6-1 against Andy Murray in just short...
- Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal & Andy Murray Advance To The Third Round At Monte Carlo MastersWorld number one Novak Djokovic of Serbia defeated Andreas Seppi of Italy 6-1, 6-4 in...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on June 3, 2012 at 8:33 am, and is filed under Sports Tennis. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|