Regular Monthly Period For Women Signifies Good Health
Abnormal uterine bleeding is define as bleeding in the uterus that is irregular in amount, timing or duration.
Although abnormal uterine bleeding is not life threatening, it exacts a large emotional and physical toll on women.
Heavy periods can cause pain and discomfort and increase the risk for iron deficiency anemia. It can impair a woman’s life, leading her to miss work and social events.
Acute excessive bleeding can lead to hemodynamic instability requiring hospitalization for blood transfusion and fluid volume management.
In many women, a hormone imbalance, such as too much estrogen or not enough progesterone, causes abnormal uterine bleeding.
Polyps or small and large growths in the uterus can also cause bleeding as well as cancer of the uterus and infection of the cervix.
Sometimes a thyroid problem causes bleeding. Symptoms include menstrual bleeding that occurs more than often than twenty one days or farther apart than thirty five days, menstruation that lasts longer than seven days, blood loss of more than eighty millimeters, releasing blood clots or changing soaking large pad per hour are considered heavy.
It affects women from twelve to forty five years old, but occurs most on pre menopausal age during which the hormonal system is most vulnerable.
In the years before menopause, women have months when they don’t ovulate causing the thickening of the uterus that causes bleeding.
Depending on many factors such as age, severity of the bleeding and whether you want to have children, abnormal uterine bleeding maybe treated by taking hormones like oral contraceptives and progesterone, non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs, transenamic acid and antibiotics. In some cases, surgery (hysteroscopy and hysterectomy) may be needed.
Menstrual cycle is important so you have to keep track of the date and length of your bleeding and mark it in the calendar. Women should be advised regarding the importance of their menstrual period.
Often taken for granted since the adverse effects of an irregular menstrual cycle are not as evident as other medical conditions, it warrants further attention and management. A regular monthly period is indicative of good health together with an active and vibrant lifestyle.
- Fast Food Has A Negative Effect On Mental Health, Regular Consumers Likely To Develop Depression – StudyPeople who often ate hamburgers, hotdogs and pizza are fifty one per cent more likely...
- The Increasing Incidence Of Abortions Worldwide Put Women’s Health At RiskUnsafe abortion is one of the main contributors to maternal death worldwide, and refers to...
- Contraceptive Pills Alleviate Dysmenorrhea For Women – Study‘Painful menstrual periods occur frequently on women, particularly in young women where 50 to 75percent...
- Drinking Eight Glasses Of Water A Day Is Just A Notion, No Substantial Evidence To Support That It Is For Good Health – ExpertScientists say we are being misled into thinking we have to drink far more water...
- Women Are At Greater Risk Of Depression & Illness Than MenThere is a correlation between physical activity, depression and metabolic syndrome. Metabolic syndrome is a...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on January 26, 2008 at 3:43 am, and is filed under Women Issues. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|