Tiger Woods Says He’s Ready For The Masters, Others Doubt In His Fitness To Compete
Former world no.1 Tiger Woods has assured that he would be ready to compete in the Masters while others doubt in his bill of health to compete.
Recently, Woods had pulled out in the final round of the WGC-Cadillac Championship due to a left leg injury, the same Achilles injury that forced him out from the tournament in the latter part of 2011.
When confronted about his readiness to compete about the masters at Augusta, where he has won four times, he said: “I’ll be there. Don’t worry about it. “I took a few days off,” and “The stiffness is gone.” Woods assured.
Following his much publicized marital scandal towards the end of 2009 he decided to be inactive from golf for five months.
Having returned for the 2010 Masters, he took another short break before Achilles problems surfaced towards the end of that year.
Woods has missed four of the last 14 majors because of injury.
He has shown signs of a return to form by winning the World Challenge event in December 2011 and carding a final round 62 to finish second to Rory McIlroy in the Honda Classic.
The 14 majors champion is optimistic he can play in the Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, Florida, in his final warm-up before the Masters at Augusta which starts on 5 April.
Woods has won 14 major titles but has been hampered by injury since capturing the last of them, the US Open, in 2008.
His left knee required surgery after he played through severe pain to win that tournament at Torrey Pines and he has had four operations on the joint including a reconstruction.
- Tiger Woods Gets Bill Of Health For Latest Injury, Sustains Only Mild Strain Of Left AchillesFormer world no.1 Tiger Woods has been checked by his doctor and the good news...
- Tiger Woods Quits In The Final Round of WGC Cadillac Tournament Due To ‘Left Leg’ InjuryFormer world no. 1 Tiger Woods suffers a setback when he sustained a left leg...
- Tiger Woods Bounces Back In Contention For 75th Masters At AugustaTiger Woods is back in contention when he went on a back-nine birdie spree, shooting...
- Tiger Woods Sights To win The Masters At Augusta, His Fifteenth MajorTiger Woods recent victory at Bay Hill only signifies that he is back to where...
- Tiger Woods Hopeful To Play In The US OpenTiger Woods, the former world number 1 golfer, withdrew from the Players’ Championship in Sawgrass...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on March 16, 2012 at 4:00 am, and is filed under Sports Golf. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|