Wearing Tight Fitting Jeans Could Lead To Bladder Troubles & Testicular Problems In Men
Medical experts have claimed an increase in injuries being caused by the tight fitting jeans, causing twisted testicles, bladder weakness, urinary tract infections, low sperm count and fungal infections.
Dr. Hilary Jones, working with TENA, a leading specialist in urinary incontinence and bladder weakness, said: ‘Wearing tight-fitting clothing over a prolonged period of time can lead to urinary tract infections leading to over-activity of the bladder, a type of bladder weakness as well as a low sperm count and fungal infections.’
Twisted testicles occur when tight trousers prevent the spermatic cord from moving freely, meaning it twists and leads to testicular torsion which cuts off the blood supply requiring immediate surgery to prevent a gangrenous testicle.
Tight-fitting jeans around the groin area can put additional pressure on the bladder but can also lead to bacteria breeding and re-entering the body causing urinary tract infections.
This increases the need to urinate more frequently and can cause severe pain.
Dr. Jone’s warning comes as a study of 2,000 British men, conducted by TENA, revealed that one in ten men have experienced an unpleasant side-effect as a result of wearing skinny jeans.
Of those men suffering from skinny jeans, 50 percent had experienced groin discomfort; over 25 percent had bladder troubles while 20 percent suffered a twisted testicle.
Zoe Brimfield, TENA Brand Manager said: ”With this survey we were keen to highlight that while men may like the look of tight-fitting jeans, it’s important that they are not compromising their health.
- Does Cranberry Juice Prevent Bladder Infection?Scottish researchers in 2009, had arranged some women with bladder infections to take one capsule...
- Women Wearing High Heels And Badly Fitting Shoes Are At Risk Of ArthritisWomen who wear high heels or badly-fitting trainers’ shoes could be putting themselves at risk...
- Preventing Urinary Tract InfectionThe urinary system consisting of paired kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra is the second commonly...
- Educating The Public On Upper Respiratory Tract InfectionAccording to the Ambulatory Syllabus of Columbia University Medical Residency Program, the contagious nature of...
- Breastfed Babies Has Less Behavioral Problems – StudyChildren who are breastfed by mothers develop fewer behavioral problems, according to Oxford researchers. It...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on July 12, 2012 at 11:25 pm, and is filed under Health Issues. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|