Queen Elizabeth II Gives Her Reason Why She Wears Pastel Colors In Most Of Her Outfit
Queen Elizabeth II arrives at Leicester Cathedral in Leicester. She is wearing a cerise cashmere dress and coat with black trim and a matching hat.
The Queen was accompanied by her 90 year-old husband, the Duke of Edinburgh and her granddaughter in law, the Duchess of Cambridge, as part of events to kick-start the Diamond Jubilee tour.
Despite the attention heaped on her, Robert Hardman, the Queen’s biographer, said the Queen remained down to earth.
The Queen wears bright pastel colors because she fears nobody would recognize her if she wore beige, Hardman claimed.
The royal writer said the 85 year-old British monarch was ‘engagingly modest’ despite being the most famous woman in the world.
According to the queen biographer, his favorite remark the queen has ever said was, ‘I can never wear beige because nobody will know who I am’.
Royal aides said later that they were not aware the Queen had a particularly preference for her dress colors. They said she had worn hundreds of outfits in different colors.
According to Buckingham Palace, the Queen’s design team “try and use both old and new fabrics when designing”.
Hardman, In paying tribute to the Queen, said: “Clearly she is the most famous woman in the world, to other countries around the world she is extraordinary, I think perhaps we take her slightly for granted here because we are so used to her.”
- Queen Elizabeth II Makes History In British MonarchyQueen Elizabeth’s reign made her the second longest serving monarch in the history of Great...
- Kate Middleton’s Parents Meet Queen ElizabethKate Middleton’s parents meet Queen Elizabeth for the first time, just days before the royal...
- Queen Elizabeth Pays A State Visit To IrelandQueen Elizabeth’s four-day state visit to Ireland is the first state visit to the Irish...
- Queen Elizabeth Celebrates Her 85th Birthday & Distributes Maundy MoneyQueen Elizabeth celebrated her 85th birthday and presents elderly people with Maundy money as she...
- Four Days Events & A Flotilla Mark Queen Elizabeth’s Diamond JubileeQueen Elizabeth will be celebrating next year her 60 years since her ascension to the...
|Print article||This entry was posted by Affleap on March 8, 2012 at 4:10 pm, and is filed under Royal. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.|