Tiger Woods, has slipped to 8th in the world golf rankings. With his long winless streak extending, he has gradually slipped further down the rankings.
He is overtaken by England’s Paul Casey who moved up one slot ahead of him.
The American lost his top golfer status to another Englishman, Lee Westwood on October 31 of 2010.
Woods is set to return to action this week at the Players Championship in Florida and then will concentrate on the US Open in June, 2011.
Europe now has six of the top seven players in the world, with only Phil Mickelson in fourth spot breaking their stranglehold.
Herewith are the top ten world golfers:
(1) Lee Westwood – 8.07 pts (ENG); (2) Martin Kaymer – 7.42 pts (GER);
(3) Luke Donald – 7.33 pts (ENG); (4) Phil Mickelson – 6.59 pts (U.S.);
(5) Graeme McDowell – 5.65 pts (N.I.); (6) Rory McIlroy – 5.44 pts (N.I.);
(7) Paul Casey – 5.39 pts (ENG); (8) Tiger Woods – 5.36 pts (U.S.);
(9) Steve Stricker – 5.33 pts (U.S.); (10) Matt Kuchar – 5.26 pts (U.S.).